Celebrating a successful screening and registration with a little afternoon cookie break
1) Whew! We made it. Almost. I mean he hasn't gone yet.
2) I feel like I deserve some sort of prize.
3) Yes, iced coffee at 3:30 p.m. works. And cookies.
4) Why is it so complicated to get a kid registered for Kindergarten in our urban public school district?
5) Oh, because the schools are resourced very differently, and experiences could vary widely depending on where your child is assigned. So parents are rightly obsessed with SchoolChoice and getting into their desired neighborhood or magnet or charter school.
6) Why are schools resourced so differently?
7) Because school funding is tied to property taxes, so wealthier areas get better funded schools.
8) I believe in public education.
9) I believe teachers should be well-compensated and treated fairly and with respect.
10) I believe my son s…